Post 19-25 provision
About the course
Collyer’s offers a Post-19 Employability Course for young adults aged between 19-25 who have an Education, Health and Care Plan for moderate learning difficulties, and/or disabilities who are working at Entry Level who would benefit from improving academic, independence and employability skills.
- ASDAN Employability (Entry 2 to Level 1)
- ASDAN Personal and Social Development (Entry 2-Entry 3)
- RSPH Award in Nutrition for Health (Level 1)
- Arts Award (Bronze and Silver)
- Sports/Dance Leadership (Level 1)
- ASDAN Short Courses
The provision team includes
- A subject specialist course leader
- Subject specialist support assistants who work with the students in each class
Support we offer
- In class support
- Small group work and 1:1 support where necessary
- A quiet classroom space for students to work and relax in
- Support accessing and integrating with the wider college community
- Be able to express their own ideas and opinions verbally
- Be studying at a minimum of Entry Level 2
- Have a good level of comprehension
- Be able to follow the College Code of Conduct
- Have good levels of self-care strategies (including medical)
- Be able to find their way around college with no/minimal support
- Be able to develop their personal, social and employability skills
This course will help you prepare for opportunities at the next level at another college and you will also be improving your skills to be able to access employment opportunities and enhancing independent living skills.
How to apply
- All students and their parents are invited to attend one of the Post 19-25 Employability Provision College Open Afternoons in the autumn and summer terms.
- Applications should be made between November 2018 and March 2019. We will endeavor to respond to applications after that date. However for applications received after the end of March we cannot guarantee offer of an interview due to course capacity.
- Invitations for interview are sent out during the Spring Term. If successful in securing a place you will be invited to a taster day in the summer term to find out more about course content.
Due to current circumstances we are unable to welcome new students into the Post-19 Employability Course in September 2021. The programme will continue for students who will be entering their second year of the programme
If you would like any further information regarding the course please contact: Emily Jones (Post 19 Employability) ELJ@collyers.ac.uk