Drawing for Beginners
About the course
This course is suitable for beginner and intermediate students who have an interest in developing their drawing skills. Over the course you’ll gain an understanding of drawing theory and practice. Topics covered include:
- Tone – shades, relationships, and textures
- Line – contours, weight, mark-making
- Shape – positive and negative shapes and spaces
- Measurement – sight size, ratios, and scale
- Sketching techniques
- Critical assessment, Q & A
- Samples and demonstrations
- Constructive feedback and personal development
You’ll create your own portfolio of work, and develop your personal style.
Learners will attend weekly lessons in college. The required materials are included in the course fees.
Learners also benefit from access to the college library during our evening opening times, including computers, study stations, print-based and electronic learning materials, printers and scanners.
This course is suitable for anyone who wishes to develop their drawing skills.
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please click here or call or email us if you have any questions on 01403 216597 or email@example.com.
Course fees are the same for all students – there are no concessions available. The course fee is due at the point of booking to secure a place on the course.
For further details, pleases see our Fees and Funding page.