Bursaries, Free College Meals & Student Travel Award
The Collyer’s 16-19 Bursary is designed to help and support any student who faces financial barriers to participation in education, such as costs of books, college equipment or transport. Eligible students must be under 19 on 31 August 2023 and enrolled on a non-fee paying full time course at Collyer’s. Where a young person turns 19 during their programme of study, they can continue to be supported to the end of the academic year or to the end of their programme of study. There are two types of bursaries available to help students. The Vulnerable Learner Bursary and the Discretionary Bursary.
Vulnerable Learner Bursary
This will be awarded to Collyer’s students in the following categories:
- In care
- Care leavers
- Receiving Income Support or Universal Credit because they are financially supporting themselves.
- Receiving Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payments (PIP) in their own right as well as Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit in their own right.
Students can apply for a Discretionary Bursary if the annual household income does not exceed £35,000. The amount of bursary awarded will be confirmed following your application and is dependent upon funding allocations and the number of applications received. The amount awarded will depend on both the household income and educational need.
Free College Meals
Students are eligible for Free College Meals if they or their parents are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – the household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Collyer’s Student Travel Award
The Student Travel Award of £150 (£50 a term) is available to students who meet one of the following criteria:
● Live in a BN postcode area ● Live more than 15 miles from the college
The award is subject to excellent attendance. Applications will be processed from September with the first instalment paid before October half term.
The Student Travel Award is not payable to students receiving the Collyer’s 16-19 Bursary as their travel costs will be already covered.
Scroll down to our guidebooks for full information regarding financial support, travel assistance and how to use our online application portal.
For further assistance, please email email@example.com or visit the Student Services office in B002 during term time.
Apply online using the link below.