November Open Evenings (for 2024 entry)
Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th November 2023
The Open Evenings represent the start of our admissions advice and guidance cycle for entry in September 2024. We hope that you will be able to attend one of the evenings, and that you find it informative and helpful in supporting your decision-making.
Our online application system will open here just prior to the events, so you can start your application after your visit.
Aims of the Evening
By attending one of our Open Evenings you will be able to:
· Discover the college at your own pace and look at the facilities in subject areas and across the college as a whole
· Find out about specific subjects and speak with our teachers.
· Raise any general questions about the college and/or the admissions process. Staff will be available in the refectory and in the main quad.
· Collect a prospectus which includes a list of all our subjects for 2024 entry. The online version is also available here
During the evening we will offer two different information sessions, neither of which need to be booked in advance. They will run as follows:
During the 5pm – 6:30pm session
1. Principal’s talk in the Duckering Hall – 5:15pm and 5:45pm
2. Q&A with student ambassadors in the Café – 5:45pm and 6:15pm
During the 7pm – 8:30pm session
1. Principal’s talk in the Duckering Hall – 7:15pm and 7:45pm
2. Q&A with student ambassadors in the Café – 7:45pm and 8:15pm
An information sheet with these timings will be handed out on arrival.
Before you attend
The points below are aimed at encouraging students to think about the most important questions when deciding where and what to study. We hope this will be useful for you to think about before you attend:
· What are your favourite subjects at school?
· Why do you enjoy these subjects (content, skills, style of subject, teaching)?
· What are you interested in and what do you like doing (both in and out of school)?
· Do you already have any career ideas (based on work experience, careers advice and your own interests)?
· Please read the ‘Choosing your study programme’ section on page 17 of our current prospectus.
· List the subjects that look interesting, but you are not certain about what they involve. You can visit those subjects at the Open Evening.
· What are the entry requirements for the subjects that you are interested in?
· Please remember that the subjects you choose within your application are not ‘set in stone’. You will be able to change them following guidance from our staff during your interview, and again at Welcome Day next summer.
Year 10 Open Evening (for 2025 entry)
THURSDAY 13th JULY 2024 (timings TBC)
Our Year 10 Open Evening is scheduled to take place on the 11th July 2024. Please save the date and more information will be posted here closer to the time.