Due to the extreme heat forecasted for Thursday evening, we would encourage you to take up the invitation to hydrate at our two water stations under our Gazebos located outside the Library building and in our main quad outside reception.
You can also fill your water bottles in the refectory, Library building 1st and 2nd floor, and ground floor Cowley sports hall
Year 10 Open Evening (for 2023 entry)
THURSDAY 14th JULY 2022
The Year 10 Open Evening represents the start of our admissions advice and guidance cycle for entry in September 2023. We hope that you will be able to attend the evening in-person, and that you find it informative and helpful in supporting your decision-making.
For September 2023 entry our online application system will open here after the November Open Evenings later this year.
- We will offer two sessions, from 5pm until 6:30pm, and then from 7pm until 8.30pm
- We would be grateful if you could book onto your preferred session:
Aims of the Evening
By attending our Open Evening you will be able to:
- Discover the college at your own pace and look at the facilities in subject areas and across the college as a whole.
- Find out about specific subjects and speak with our teachers
- Raise any general questions about the college and/or the admissions process. Staff will be available in the refectory and in the main quad.
- Collect a prospectus which includes a list of all our subjects for 2023 entry.
Before you attend
The points below are aimed at encouraging students to think about the most important questions when deciding where and what to study. We hope this will be useful for you to think about before you attend:
- What are your favourite subjects at school?
- Why do you enjoy these subjects (content, skills, style of subject, teaching)?
- What are you interested in and what do you like doing (both in and out of school)?
- Do you already have any career ideas (based on work experience, careers advice and your own interests)?
- Please read the ‘Choosing your study programme’ section on page 17 of our current prospectus. The online version is available here.
- Which subjects at Collyer’s look like they match your needs and interests?
- List the subjects that look interesting, but you are not certain about what they involve. You can visit those subjects at the Open Evening.
- What are the entry requirements for the subjects that you are interested in?
November Open Evenings (for 2023 entry)
Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th November 2022 (timings TBC)
Our November Open Evenings are currently scheduled to take place on Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th November 2022. Please save the date and more information will be posted here closer to the time.