Digital Photography Beginners
About the course
This course provides an introduction to Digital Photography. You can expect to learn:
- What the formal elements of photography are, and why we use them
- The exposure triangle, and how to use your camera’s priority modes
- How shutter speed creatively affects photographs
- How aperture affects photographs and depth of field
- The golden rules of composition
- How ISO and White balance impact photographs, and how to take control of these on your camera
We will explore a range of photographic genres and techniques including still life, light trails, and portraiture.
Learners will attend weekly lessons in college.
You will need to bring a DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera to the sessions.
Learners also benefit from access to the college library during our evening opening times, including computers, study stations, print-based and electronic learning materials, printers and scanners.
Progress onto our Creative Photography or Advanced Digital Photography courses.
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please click here. Please call or email us if you have any questions on 01403 216597 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course fees are the same for all students – there are no concessions available. The course fee is due at the point of booking to secure a place on the course.
For further details, pleases see our Fees and Funding page.