Digital Photography Beginners
About the course
This course provides an introduction to Digital Photography. You can expect to learn:
- What the formal elements of photography are, and why we use them
- The exposure triangle, and how to use your camera’s priority modes
- How shutter speed creatively affects photographs
- How aperture affects photographs and depth of field
- The golden rules of composition
- How ISO and White balance impact photographs, and how to take control of these on your camera
- We will explore a range of photographic genres and techniques including still life, light trails, and portraiture.
Learners will attend weekly lessons in college.
You will need to bring a DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera to the sessions.
Learners also benefit from access to the college library during our evening opening times, including computers, study stations, print-based and electronic learning materials, printers and scanners.
Progress onto our Creative Photography or Advanced Digital Photography courses.
Course fees are the same for all students – there are no concessions available. The course fee is due at the point of booking to secure a place on the course.
For further details, pleases see our Fees and Funding page.