Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book on to a course?
What happens at the College induction evening?
For qualification courses you are required to attend a College induction. Induction dates can be found on the Adult Learning Term Dates page of our website or your Booking Confirmation.
- The following will happen at the Induction:
- You will check and sign a Learning Agreement
- You will complete an eligibility form
- We will check your ID
- We will take your photo and provide you with a College ID
- We will provide an IT induction
- You will complete an online screening assessment to establish whether you may have any learning needs
- We will enrol you on to your course
Is any learning support available?
We have a team who support learners with a variety of different learning needs on our qualification courses. You will take an online screening assessment at the Induction evening. If this highlights that you may have an additional learning need that could impact on your ability to successfully complete your course, we may refer you for a full assessment with our qualified Specialist Assessor. Following this full assessment, you may be offered regular support sessions with a Learning Support Advisor.
Is there any financial support available?
There is no financial support available for recreational courses.
Level 1 or 2 courses may be part-funded or fully-funded by the Government. Advanced Learning Loans are available for some Level 3 qualifications.
View our Fees and Funding policy for more information or views the Fees section on individual Course Information sheets to find out more.
We have a small bursary available for students on qualification courses who are experiencing financial hardship. You can apply for help with:
- Travel costs
- Course materials and equipment
- Childcare (you must be 20 or over)
Please contact us to discuss your circumstances should you wish to apply.