When are my exams?

You can access your personal exam timetable on MyProgress in late February for the May/June summer exams and in October for GCSE re-sit exams in November.

Unless informed otherwise due to a clash of exams, morning exams will always start at 9.30 am and afternoon exams at 2.00 pm.  Your room and seat number for each exam will show on MyProgress in late April.

Timetables for public exams are also published on the relevant exam board websites.  Website links and contact details for exam boards can be found on this page

If you have any queries about your exams, come and see us in the Exams Office or contact us on exams@collyers.ac.uk


How do I get my results?

Examination results for A Level are available to students on MyProgress from 08.30 on results day which is normally the third Thursday in August.  GCSE results are issued on the fourth Thursday in August.  BTEC students will normally already know their results.  If not, Level 3 BTEC results will be available at the same time as A Level and Level 2 BTEC results at the same time as GCSE.

A Levels are reported by grade only.  BTECs are graded as Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction*.

Second year leavers are advised to print or save a copy of their results from MyProgress as they may need to present their results when enrolling at university, other higher education institutions or when starting a new job.  Official Awarding Body Certificates are issued in late autumn.  Information on receiving certificates can be found on this page


I am disappointed with my results – should I get my script back and/or get a review of marking?

Following the publication of results, there are Post Results Services available to query a result or to obtain exam scripts.  Be very careful about this as it is expensive and your mark can go down as well as up and usually remains unchanged There are fees for all services and strict deadline dates, some very soon after the publication of results.

Priority Review of Marking is available for A Level students when a university place depends on the result. The deadline for this is one week after A Level results day.  Contact the college urgently on 01403 210822 after results day but within the above deadline in order to make an appointment with a senior member of staff to discuss.

See Key Dates  for application deadline dates and information on current fees for Post Results Services.

If a university place is not affected, you may wish to apply for a normal Review of Marking. You can get a priority photocopy of your script before deciding whether to have a normal review of marking – be aware of the deadline which is one week after A Level results day.

You can also ask for your script to be returned without a review of marking.  Forms for all these services are available from the Exams Office or e-mail exams@collyers.ac.uk.

You may wish to discuss with your subject teachers before deciding on a review. Coursework that is internally marked and then moderated by an exam board is not included in the Post Results Service.

How do I apply for re-sits?

Re-sit exam entry forms for current or ex-Collyer’s students are issued by the Exams Office in September with a deadline before October half-term.  Forms and details of fees are available from the Exams Office.  If you have a query about re-sit entry forms or fees, e-mail exams@collyers.ac.uk.


If I have left Collyer’s, can I re-sit my exams the following summer as a private candidate?

Former Collyer’s students can usually come back and re-sit their A Level exams the following summer as a private candidate provided the college is still offering the relevant subject and syllabus.  All papers per subject will need to be taken with the exception of coursework which will be carried forward.  You need to contact the Exams Office on exams@collyers.ac.uk before the end of October following your summer exams to request an exam re-sit entry form and details of fees.


I am not an ex-Collyer’s student, can I take my exams as a private candidate at Collyer’s?

We regret that we are unable to accept any non-Collyer’s private exam candidates.


I was allowed extra time and/or other access arrangements/exam concessions at my previous school – what should I do now I am at college?

You should contact our Study Support team as soon as you start college if you have previously had access arrangements/exam concessions.

All students are screened upon entry and we provide further testing where appropriate. Needs and regulations can change over time which is why students who have had access arrangements for GCSEs will need a new assessment.  Further information can be found here.


How do I get my certificates?

Information on receiving certificates can be found  here.


I have lost my exam certificates – what should I do?

The college does not keep copies of certificates and cannot obtain them at a future date.  If you misplace or lose your certificates, you will need to apply direct to the relevant exam board or awarding body for replacements, for which they will charge a fee per certificate.  Further details on exam boards can be found here.



College Life